Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Let's enjoy some Picnic time!

I am so excited to introduce my new project!
It just looks so adorable, I am already attached to it.
I made a place mat set and napkins set, a table runner, and I am finishing the picnic blanket.
I myself hand printed the pink cupcakes on the fabric using silk screen - with the hubby's help, of course! His printmaking skills were very useful!
What I am loving is that you can take the place mats to the picnic as they roll in a easy way to carry. Also, it has a pocket for the silverware, so no worries about loose forks and knives.
The blanket still is in process, and I am interlining it with light polyester batting for some softness. You know how sometimes you lay a blanket and it is still hard to sit and if the grass is a little wet it goes though - horrible! - so, I am making sure it is nice and soft, and because of the poly batting, moisture will have a little trouble going through.
I hope to post it on my Etsy soon, so keep checking because this is the only one with this combination of tan linen/pink details.










No comments: